Wednesday 9 November 2011

Wednesday 17th August, 2011

In todays lesson, we all jumped onto our computers and went straight into completing the International Student Program clips. I was pretty happy with my end result, but I knew it could be improved much more.
I really wanted to re-film a lot of the footage, and after watching mine again, I found that there were a lot of jump cuts and it didn't flow as well as I was aiming for it to.
But despite this, we all had to get ours done.

After everyone felt they were finished, we all went around with Rob to each computer and watched everyone's different version. As we went along, I could tell that everyone had both something better and worse to someone else's. This made my nerves go down a bit as we got closer to watching mine.
It annoyed me though, because I was in such a rush to finish in time, I forgot to ask Rob how I could fix the sound. Thankfully, no one had really fixed the sound. I was the only one who had adjusted it it seems because I made mine louder. This became a continuous joke within the class, the fact that the sound was awful, but also the brown-on-brown in Denise's shot.

Once we had reached my video, Rob made a small comment about the jump-cuts, and I couldn't agree more. Luckily, that was the only critique I got.
Personally, after watching all of the class' videos, I found Darcy's was one of my favourites.

After this, we all sat down at the desks and discussed the next two days, which were when we would be attending the "Bayside Film Festival", which was a film festival for all of the local film makers and for the local schools.

No comments:

Post a Comment